Center for Children and Families, Inc. (CCFI), based in Norman, Oklahoma, seeks a Director of Development to plan, execute and evaluate all fundraising strategies, donor relations activities and oversee grant management for the agency. This position is supervised by the Chief Executive Officer and provides supervision to the Development Coordinator.
CCFI is one of Cleveland County’s oldest and most successful independent, private non-profit agencies, offering a wide range of therapeutic and social services to vulnerable children, youth and families. CCFI is a growing agency that has recently moved into a newly renovated 28,000 square foot facility located in the heart of Norman. CCFI offers a very competitive benefit package, professional training and a supportive team environment.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Fundraising & Donor Cultivation
• Manage the Sustainable Funding committee made up of board members, Chief Executive Officer and community volunteers.
• Develop long-range plans and strategies to meet the existing and future needs of the organization.
• Produce and manage an annual donor cultivation calendar engaging key staff and volunteers in the strategic cultivation of donors and donor prospects.
• Engage in direct donor cultivation, including donor meetings and calls.
• Assist the Chief Executive Officer with the cultivation and requests of major gifts.
• Manage other aspects of relationships with donors: contributions, renewals, research and recognition.
• Oversee annual Hands & Hearts fundraiser and campaign coordination and manage post event phone calls, gift acknowledgment and billing.
• Design and implement donor appreciation and cultivation events and activities.
• Plan annual End of Year direct mail campaign and implement plans with Board of Directors.
• Prepare bimonthly reports to the CEO & Board of Directors regarding fundraising.
• Oversee a timely and relevant gift acknowledgment program.
• Manage Corporate Sponsorship campaign to include research, meetings, outreach, recognition and renewal.
• Develop and manage planned giving opportunities.
• In collaboration with the senior leadership and development teams, leverage stakeholder relationships to generate new leads and deepen relationships.
• Responsible for preparation and oversight for fundraising budget.
• Provide oversite for monthly financial reports prepared for Operations Director and manage contribution cash projections for budget and board reports.
• Share the CCFI mission with donors and other guests by scheduling and hosting agency tours as needed.
• Manage overall agency grant tracking.
• Oversee research of corporate and civic grant opportunities.
• Oversee grant reporting and compliance requirements.
• Coordinate and manage consistent data collection for grant proposals and reports.
• Lead the grant writing process and produce complete grant drafts for CEO review.
• Communicate with foundations and other grantors.
• Review grant proposals and grant reports by grantor standards or requirements.
• Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Director on agency videos, social media activities, advertising and other public relations and promotional activities.
• Assist Chief Executive Officer in representing CCFI in the community.
• Build relationships with other agencies, business and civic community.
• Assist with 3rd party benefit events.
Leadership and Operations
• In collaboration with senior leadership team, provide support for general planning, problem-solving and oversight of agency operations.
• Possess knowledge of CCFI mission, services & structure.
• Maintain a spirit of teamwork within agency.
• Maintain a time sheet to track time and activities to meet funding source and general management requirements.
• Perform other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with an emphasis or experience in non-profit management.
• Five or more years of experience in fund development and donor relations, including experience in conducting “asks” with donors, managing staff and a donor database, designing and implementing fundraising campaigns, grant writing, and producing reports and using analysis to advance goals.
• Must pass criminal history and other background checks
• Computer, data and electronic media proficiency (MS Office)
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (proof of vaccination is required)
Send current resume, three professional references and two sample social media posts to Melissa Klink email@example.com or Center for Children and Families, Inc. (CCFI), ATTN: Melissa Klink, 210 S. Cockrel Ave., Norman, OK 73071.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Director
Job Function : Development