Remote Sensing Technician
Remote Sensing Technician
CEC is a privately-held engineering firm, serving both public entities and private developers. We offer extensive services, which allow us to be involved with projects from conception to design, to construction. Our focus is to eliminate aging infrastructure and drive community growth through innovative and collaborative engineering design. CEC is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development and growth opportunities for employees.
Remote Sensing Technician
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides technical support working independently but under direction of Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) or Project Managers for non-Survey Certification projects.
• Performs field data collection with remote sensing technology under the guidance of team leadership.
• Performs field survey activities in accordance with standards set by the company, state statutes and the surveying industry.
• Processes and digitizes CAD line work from multiple sensor platforms (LiDAR, photogrammetry, etc)
• Records the results of surveys and/or remote sensing projects including but not limited to the shape, contour, location, elevations, and dimensions of land or land/surface features.
• Adheres to established company policies and follows all Geospatial Practice procedures.
• Maintains equipment and vehicle that is used for collections.
• Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures of CEC and it’s clients.
• Analysis and problem-solving
• Communication proficiency
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• All experience levels considered.
• High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Ability to pass background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Safety-sensitive position subject to random drug testing.
• FAA Part 107 UAS Certification or the ability to acquire within 60 days
• Proficient personal computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, MicroStation, Trimble, AutoCAD Civil 3D, TopoDOT, Faro Scene, and/or GEOPAK preferred.
• English language skills: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to clients or CEC employees.
• Mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
• Reasoning skills: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Organizational skills: ability to prioritize and organize tasks; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Moderate physical activity performing strenuous day activities of a primarily productive/technical nature when required.
• Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a technical nature when required.
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
• Ability to stand and walk up to ten hours per day when working in field.
• Ability to sit in vehicle to travel up to ten hours when working in field.
• Ability to traverse uneven terrain and climb over or crawl under obstacles when working in field.
• Ability to hear and talk to communicate and receive direction.
• Ability to sit up to eight hours per day when working in office.
• Ability to manipulate computer mouse when working in office.
• Ability to see clearly 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; ability to adjust focus; depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
• Ability to lift and move up to 10 pounds regularly and 25-50 pounds occasionally.
• Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation when working in office.
• Moderate noise.
• Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.) when working in field.
• Exposure to dust, dirt, etc. when working in field.
• Potential exposure to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings when working in field.
• Requires use of protective and/or safety equipment when working in field.
• Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over.
• Monday through Friday normally; occasional weekend work may be required.
• Generally fixed schedule of 40 hours per week with the potential for extended working hours.
• Potential for overnight travel (up to 20% or four days a month; occasional extensive overnight travel (over 20% or more than four days a month).
CEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School